24 November, 2006

The Best Place To Call Home


According to the Malaysian Urban Indicators Network, which measures the sustainability of development in towns and cities, North and South Kuching emerged as the second and third best city to live in respectively (NST, November 5, 2006). Hooray! My excitement isn't without reason, although I am not from Sarawak. I have lived 4 significant years of my life in Kuching. I loved the city and its people, and the lack of traffic congestion and garbage littering the roads. I appreciated its simplicity and unhurried pace, and the fact that I felt safe on the street. All right, I must admit that I did find the cat statues in town somewhat kitschy. Check out this picture.


My husband and I had to move back to the Klang Valley about a year ago for his postgraduate training. Someday I will return...or maybe relocate to Malacca, which by the way, came out tops in the evaluation. Chicken rice balls washed down with cendol ais? I can live with that!

No comments: