17 January, 2007

Laughter The Best Medicine?

My hospital has recently introduced a weekly program whereby staff from every department put up a show...for the patients! Missed the inaugural concert today, but caught a junior MO lurking around in a deserted part of the hospital after the show ended. Couldn't resist this photo opportunity.

I wonder if the patients mind being hauled to the auditorium for a show they did not ask for. I was asked to sign a "certificate of fitness" for a patient to attend - fit i.e. not on oxygen supplement, not on an intravenous drip, not incontinent, not oozing secretions from any body parts etc. You get the picture.

Anyway, it was a good effort. I mean, bumping into a clown lifted my spirits today! I just shudder to think what my department will come up with when it's our turn to entertain. I can't sing and I can't dance, so I'll probably offer myself as the "official photographer"! Watch this space for more photos.


No comments: