04 February, 2007

07.07.07


Have you cast your vote? The competition for the New 7 Wonders of The World is on and you can vote online for your 7 favourite heritage sites (out of a shortlisted 21). At time of writing The Great Wall of China is leading the race...wonder if it has anything to do with China being the most populous nation. Malaysia, a young nation relatively, is not represented but please exercise your right. An event of such monumental scale transcends race, nationality and borders. Be a part of this historic, global event. Every citizen on this planet has a right to vote. I've done my bit - and I can proudly declare to my kids years on that I had a part in selecting our new world wonders. My choice? Why, Angkor Wat, Taj Mahal, Machu Picchu, the Pyramids of Giza, the Great Wall of China, Acropolis and Coliseum, of course! The final 7 will be announced in Lisbon on 7 July 2007.

No comments: