02 May, 2007

An Everyday Hero


*This fine piece of art work is the property of Gustav Klimt

I could submit a heart-warming story of her to the newspapers, for a shot at the attractive prizes at stake. But you know what? It won't win.

She has no superpowers. She is not perfect. She has bad days. She has quite a temper. She doesn't drive. She raised us with a lot of help from her husband. She never walked through fire or parted oceans. See? I have no mother-overcoming-adversaries kind of tales to share.

So mum, you'll have to settle for a blog spot instead.

You are to us in ways that other people will never understand. Simply put, there's only one of you in this whole wide world. And for that, you're our HERO.

Happy Mother's Day!

*This is a tribute from the daughter who never inherited your infectious-laugh gene, and never found out what day in May Mother's Day falls on. Nonetheless, I hope I've made you proud with... ahem...the good job you did with me!

No comments: