28 May, 2007

Home Alone

I am home alone.

Hubby's been doing back-to-back calls. He is the one man in a one-man unit - no surgeon, no fellow trainee. And all this in a teaching hospital! The higher authorities want the show to go on. Comply, or risk being kicked out from the programme. Hardly a choice.

And so one man has to pack his clothes and move into the hospital. Watch TV with the nurses, eat out alone, send dirty laundry to his parents' house (nearer) and get bitten by bugs that occupy his call room bed.

And somewhere, about 90 km away, his wife comes home to an empty house everyday, finding no one to listen to her b***h about the horrible things that happened at work. She too has to dine alone, and is running out of meal ideas. Having now to drive herself in search for food, she sticks to familiar places (mainly along the route from home to hospital and back!) - she's been lost in this town on more than 1 occasion. She's fine otherwise. Laptop + Internet connection + DSLR + car that takes me places - man = FINE. Of course, Laptop + Internet connection + DSLR + car that takes me places + man = PERFECT!


A typical homemade dinner


Can't believe 1 month is nearly up. I will soon be home alone...no more.

8 comments:

sbanboy said...

Good times flies and soon he will be by your side again ... just a few more days :D

Smalltown RN said...

my hubby doesn't like me working nights...he comes home from work and I am just leaving..two ships....like you I don't like being home alone...well not all the time...sometimes it is nice...just remember there is light at the end of the tunnel...

cheers....Happy Monday

Anonymous said...

Hmm, will see if I could get my wife to cook up a storm and have you over for dinner! :-)

fibrate said...

Sbanboy, Smalltown RN : Counting the days. The worst will soon be over!

Jimbo : I won't make it to Senawang. Will get lost in town itself!

eve said...

Aiyo..fibrate...can get lost in Seremban one ar?..kesian...I know how u feel..I was alone like that for a total of 6 months..but then that was a long time ago liao..glad that we dun have to separate anymore..hang in there..
wah...ur dinner so healthy one hor..

fibrate said...

Eve : It's some sporadic navigational defect disorder. That's why cannot join Amazing Race.

Anonymous said...

Fibrate can join the Amazing Dis-grace. :-)

fibrate said...

Jimbo : Ouch! Anyway, am thankful for small favours. At least I can drive meself to work everyday.