13 June, 2007

Blackout!


What a night!

The lights went out on me last night. It wasn't personal. I heard the whole of Seremban had a power outage too.

And lives were disrupted, plans foiled. Hair left semi-dry, recipe for frizz. Laundry pile gaining critical altitude, deferred yet another trip to the washing machine. Navigation around the house aided by the faint glow from my mobile phone screen, with a high risk of rolling down the stairs and sustaining a head injury (and we wouldn't have been able to find the car keys to take me to the hospital). Blog not updated...at risk of losing its readership?

So what's a man and a woman to do?

I played Quadra Pop - a pathetic underwater theme Tetris rip-off which is strangely addictive - on my mobile phone, while hubby fell promptly asleep beside me.

Yes, many a generation have been conceived in darkness, but it simply had no amorous effect on 2 very tired people!

6 comments:

dobbs said...

Don't you have your PDA to keep you occupied in the dark?

fibrate said...

Dobbs, if you remember I was the same fibrate who posted queries on PDAs and PDA cases/bags in the KVPUG forum. And I haven't got myself a PDA till now! I have my eyes on TREO 680...(kena poison from a colleague)

Blackout...still can play Bejeweled on PDA - sounds good to me!

dobbs said...

I remembered you from KVPUG days, so I thought you already had a PDA. Palmdoc says go for it, but get your Treo 680 from Singapore - much cheaper there.

http://forum.mypdacafe.com/viewtopic.php?t=15789

I use a T5 nowadays -- reading ebooks and playing games mainly.

eve said...

Poor thing...but luckily you dun have kids..can you imagine screaming kids (which their screams are amplified if there is a power outage)..not to mention the heat.. wah..just mentioning it already make me sweat..

Anonymous said...

Next time, rip off whatever apparels and Growl "Grrr...come 're tiger!" (Psst, you can also pre-plan a blackout, but will only involve your house lo, unless u wanna go rip off the TNB station copper wires - ah, but then u may have to growl in jail, hmm, not very romantic). Sorry for my post call ramblings.

fibrate said...

Dobbs : My colleague got his from Singapore...definitely much cheaper.

Eve : Yes, lucky no kid yet. Can't deal with "Mummy I want to go potty" in the dark!

Jimbo : Poor you...must be electrolyte imbalance :D