07 June, 2007

Painful

What a day.

I sat for a "competency assessment" (otherwise known as the PTK) today, which in spite of what it's called, does little to measure my ability as a physician. It is however a prerequisite to a promotion and pay rise, and so we poor civil servants have little choice but to force-feed our brains with facts that are irrelevant in our practice.

And so for the past 3 nights I had been grudgingly poring through information I know will slip through my brain once it's been regurgitated in the exam hall. It's called cramming, which is disdainful. I must say though it's one of the least stressful exams I have ever had to prepare for, which leads me to the conclusion that life is indeed blissful when one has absolutely no expectation (you might call it ignorance).

I am glad it's over, but I'm left nursing a migraine and an extremely sore right upper limb (from 5 hours and a half of furious writing). I need analgesia.

The hazards of exams...study, anyone?

3 comments:

eve said...

The last cramming for exam was somewhere in 2003 , when I sat for the Dip Derm exam...hehe..after so long never touch any books , it was really taxing...

sbanboy said...

Hmmm books !!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to burn all my books :D

Hope the PTK went well for you

fibrate said...

Eve : Good for you no more exams!

Sbanboy : Will fail my PTK and not reattempt - I'd rather be blogging than read about dasar-dasar negara!