16 June, 2007

Everyday Hero #2


I cannot possibly do for one and not the other.

This is beginning to appear contrived, but I really do have something to say about the first man in my life.

I have a cool dad. Not cool in the fashionable, hip, tech-savvy sense, but cool in the way he raises his children. He's conservative, yes, but not in a you're-not-wearing-that-out sort of way. I remember a childhood peppered with humour, lots of story-telling, and even more books. He hurt more when I grazed my knees, cooked us horribly bland food when we had acute gastroenteritis, ferried us to various school meets, sports outings and tuition classes, and remained very supportive of our choices in life. He's dependable, reliable and kind.

Some say we came out of the same mould. So dad, I'm proud be your girl. Hope you're proud of me too wink.

Happy Father's Day!

(This time I'm posting at the right time.)

*Image courtesy of www.donnabellas.com

No comments: